Register for the Exam in Australia

If you would like to take your examination in Australia, you can click on the link below for more information.

Register for the exam

You may also want to study English to get ready for the test.

This page gives tips on the steps you can take in order to improve your English language skills.

Learn English in Australia

To learn English, you can study English at a private language school or take English language courses at an Australian university.

An organisation called “English Australia” represents and endorses many of the English language schools in this country, including both public and private English language colleges.

Certain companies operate English language schools throughout the country in various cities.

For instance, International House offers English lessons at both its Sydney and Cairns schools.

In addition, there are TAFE English language classes in Sydney, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.

You might like to visit our Australian English Language Schools Page.

Australian English Language Schools

Degree Programmes in Australia

If you intend to study on a degree programme, you will probably want to study the English language at a university first.

Universities teach English for Academic Purposes, although some universities offer classes in English as a Foreign Language.

These classes are essentially English lessons (EFL English or ESL English) for students at low to intermediate levels of English language ability.

Finally, many universities and English language schools offer courses to help you prepare for the exam.

Certain educational institutions also offer classes in English for Employment and English for Travel.

The next page provides more information on the English language courses available in this country.

Information on Australian Universities

You might like to visit our book list.

Books for the Exam

If you are an international student, you may need information on visas.

Visa Information and Application Forms