Free IELTS Test Preparation

Student Visas for Australia


Eligibility for Australian student visas is the responsibility of the Australian authorities, who will assess you for your Australian student visa according to your passport country.

They will also consider whether you are studying an English language course or for a higher degree.

If you are enrolled on a university degree programme, you will get a student visa to Australia that is designed for international students applying to study in Australia for one of the following:

Bachelor's Degree

Associate's Degree

Graduate Certificate

Graduate Diploma

Masters of Arts, Science or Education

You will need to apply for a student visa for Australia if it is the first time you will have studied in Australia.

You will also need to complete the necessary visa documents again if you want to renew your student visa for Australia.

You can also apply for a visa if you are the spouse of a person who is already studying in Australia.

When applying for a student visa in Australia, you will have to pay a non-refundable application fee when you file your student visa application.

When you receive your student visa, you can study in Australia.

Visas for Family Members

Your immediate family members can join you in Australia, and you and your family members can then ask for permission to work.

Your spouse can also study in Australia for up to three months by using your student visa.

However, if your spouse wants to study for more than three months, he or she must apply for his or her own student visa for Australia.

For further advice on Australian student visas, as well as study tips, please click on the links below:

Further Australian Visa Information

Study in Australia

IELTS Books Australia